Pornography is the satanic counterfeit of God’s perfect design (1 Thessalonians 4:3-5) for us as sexual beings. Relaxed attitudes toward human sexuality have turned the biblical notion of wholesome and monogamous sexual relations between husbands and wives on its head. Scriptural standards of sexual morality have been abandoned; God’s design for sex has been perverted beyond recognition. Pornography perverts and distorts all of the God-given purposes for sexual intimacy. It tells us it is permissible, if not obligatory, to disregard the sanctity of marriage and the “one flesh” concept and sells sex as a form of recreation with superficial self-gratification. It hawks the view that sex is a purely physiological response. Of all the moral and ethical issues facing families in the 21st century, pornography is perhaps the most vicious.Quick Facts
Experts agree–this issue may well be the most pervasive and most troubling moral issue in the church today.
On This Issue
What Does the Bible Say?
For you were once darkness, but now [you are] light in the Lord. Walk as children of light.
What Do Southern Baptists Believe?
- Resolution on the Plague of Internet Pornography–2001
- Resolution On Pornography–1987
- Resolution On Pornography–1986
- Resolution On Pornography–1985
- Resolution On Pornography–1983
- Resolution On Pornography–1979
- Resolution On Concerning Obscenity In Literature–1953
- Additional Resolutions on This Topic
- Baptist Faith & Message 2000
…RESOLVED, That we commit ourselves to pursue lives of sexual purity in thought and action (1 Corinthians 6:18) and that we encourage all Christians to make this same commitment (Philippians 4:8)…
What Does Richard Land Say?
- Avoiding the Rocks
- The Devil’s Playground
- Hooked by Pornography
- Protecting Your Family:Bsecure
- Can We Stand the Costs of an X-rated Culture?-pdf
- The Sexual Revolution Affects Even the Most Devout-pdf
Pornography is perhaps the greatest challenge Christians face today. It is one of the hidden causes of divorce, and thus contributes to the decline of society.
- FREE Bulletin Insert
- Issues & Answers:
- Pornography: Biblical Insights
- What to Do if You Are Struggling with Pornography
- What to Do if You Discover that Your Children Are Viewing Pornography
- Sidestepping Samson’s Fate
- Who’s promoting “sexting” now?
- Unmasking the Dangers of Pornography
- State of the Law on Pornography
- A Radically Different World
- What is a woman to do if her husband is using pornography?
- Pornography may be coming to a cell phone near you!
- Full-color downloadable brochure on the hazards of cell phones
- Flood of pornography breaching the church door
- Issues & Answers:
- Audio Presentations
- National Coalition for the Protection of Children & Families
- Pornography Statistics-National Coalition for the Protection of Children & Families
- 7 Myths About Your Students and Internet Pornography
- What’s Beneath the Use of Pornography?
- Healing Shattered Hearts
- Pure Freedom: Focusing on Teens
- 13 Ways to Ruin Your Life - A Free Download from For Faith & Family Guest Jarrod Jones
- Christian Counsel International
- Bethesda Workshop
- Every Man’s Battle
- Covenant Eyes Internet Protection