Russell Moore interviews Pastor Nathan Carter of Immanuel Baptist Church in Chicago. Immanuel Baptist is facing unlawful zoning restrictions and seeks relief under The Religious Land Use and Institutional Persons Act (RLUIPA). Also, Russell Moore’s report to the 2017 Annual Meeting of the Southern Baptist Convention.
Interview with Pastor Nathan Carter
- Chicago church sues over stalled building purchase - Baptist Press
- What is RLUIPA? - Mauck & Baker (representing Immanuel Baptist Church)
- Religious Land Use & Institutionalized Persons Act (2000)
- A bipartisan bill passed unanimously by both the Senate and the House of Representatives. Signed into law by President Bill Clinton.
- Immanuel Baptist Church
- Capitol Conversations Live with ADF: Supreme Court Opinion in Trinity Lutheran
- Thursday June 29 • 7:00PM • Washington, DC
- Location: TBA (on or near Capitol Hill)
- Info and Registration
- Panelists include:
- Previous podcast episode with Erik Stanley of ADF
- ERLC amicus brief (PDF)
- More case info at SCOTUSBlog
Special thanks to SBC Tapes for providing the audio for this episode from SBC 2017.