NASHVILLE, Tenn., March 8, 2016The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention will host its 2016 National Conference, Onward, August 25-26 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tenn.
This third annual conference will equip attendees on gospel-centered cultural engagement so they can interact with an increasingly hostile and shifting culture without compromising the unchanging truths of the Bible.
Conference speakers will participate in plenary sessions, panel discussions and breakout sessions on a variety of issues touching every aspect of cultural engagement, including the arts, politics, sports, race, sexuality, parenting, millennials and everyday life.
Key speakers and topics include:
- "Russell Moore":http://www.russellmoore.com/, President, ERLC - Onward: Engaging the Culture without Losing the Gospel
- "Matt Chandler":http://www.thevillagechurch.net/about/staff/member/595002/, Lead Teaching Pastor, The Village Church - Unbuckling the Bible Belt: Cultural Engagement in the Capital of Cultural Christianity
- "Andy Crouch":http://andy-crouch.com/, Executive Director, Christianity Today - Strong and Weak: Embracing a Life of Love, Risk, and True Flourishing
- "Jackie Hill-Perry":http://www.humblebeast.com/jackie-hill/, Poet, Artist with Humble Beast Records - Millennials and Cultural Engagement
- "Gabe Lyons":http://qideas.org/contributors/gabe-lyons/, Founder, Q Ideas - Good Faith: Being a Christian When Society Thinks You're Irrelevant and Extreme
- "Andy Stanley":http://northpoint.org/messages/, Founder, North Point Ministries - Leadership, Preaching, and Cultural Engagement: A Conversation with Russell Moore
- "Bryan Loritts":http://bryanloritts.tumblr.com/, Lead Pastor, Abundant Life Christian Fellowship - Right Color, Wrong Culture: The Gospel and Multi-Ethnic Cultural Engagement
- "Darrin Patrick":http://thejourney.org/people/darrin-patrick, Lead Pastor, The Journey Church - The Dude's Guide to Marriage: Love and Fidelity in a Hookup Culture
Commenting on the National Conference, Moore said:
I am thrilled about the 2016 ERLC National Conference Onward focusing on cultural engagement. We want to equip Christians to apply the gospel to everyday life. Thats why we have invited an amazing lineup of speakers to cover an ambitious set of topics. In an increasingly complex world, we must prepare Christians to engage the culture without losing the gospel.
Previous topics addressed at ERLC National Conferences include the gospel, homosexuality and the future of marriage and the gospel and politics.
Registration is now open and conference details and speaker information can be found "online.":http://erlc.com/events/nationalconference2016
Follow the conversation on Twitter by following @ERLC, @dmoore and #ERLC2016.
The Southern Baptist Convention is Americas largest Protestant denomination with more than 15.8 million members in over 46,000 churches nationwide. The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission is the SBCs ethics, religious liberty and public policy agency with offices in Nashville, Tenn., and Washington, D.C.
To request an interview with Russell Moore
contact Elizabeth Bristow at 202-547-0209
or by email at email@example.com
Visit our website at www.erlc.com
Follow us on Twitter at @ERLC