With Congress in August recess, we take a break from our usual policy focused conversations to bring you interviews with leaders we admire who are shaping the world of Christian political engagement. This week, Steven Harris sits down with Justin Giboney, founder of The AND Campaign.
Justin Giboney is an attorney and political strategist in Atlanta, Georgia. Giboney has managed successful campaigns for elected officials in the state and referendums. In 2012 and 2016, Georgia’s 5th congressional district elected him as a delegate for the Democratic National Convention and he served as the co-chair of Obama for America’s Gen44-Atlanta initiative. A former Vanderbilt University football player and law student, Giboney served on the Urban League of Greater Atlanta Board of Directors. Additionally, Justin has participated in LEAD Atlanta, Outstanding Atlanta and the Georgia Bar Association’s Leadership Academy. He’s written op-eds for publications such as Christianity Today.
Resources from the Conversation
- The AND Campaign
- Giboney's speech to be elected as a delegate from Georgia’s 5th Congressional District | Biblical Values WIN at Democrat Election
- Giboney’s Christianity Today article | How Urban Christians Failed President Obama
- The Church Politics Podcast with Justin Giboney and Michael Wear
- The AND Campaign’s YouTube Channel
- Follow Giboney on Twitter @JustinEGiboney
- ERLC | Capitol Conversation Podcast
Last week’s episode | August Profiles: Russell Moore on faith, family, and friendships from Mississippi to Washington