On Wednesday, March 4, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments in June Medical Services vs. Russo, a significant case out of Louisiana dealing with medical standards and patient health as the legislature found that abortion clinics in their state neglect both. Jeff Pickering and Chelsea Patterson Sobolik bring highlights from the pre-trial press conference with the elected officials and pro-life adovcates are the center of the case. Tom Strode joins at the end to share his reporting from inside the Courtroom about which Justices asked questions and what it might tell us about their impending decision.
This episode is sponsored by The Good Book Company, publisher of the Oxford Apologetics series. Learn about the titles in this bestselling series here.
Tom Strode serves as the bureau chief and Washington, D.C., correspondent for Baptist Press, the Southern Baptist Convention’s news service. He is also a pastor at Covenant Community Church in Fredericksburg, Virginia.
Resources from the Conversation
- The state of Louisiana is right to protect women by Jeff Pickering
- Court weighs state’s pro-life effort to protect women by Tom Strode
- ERLC urges ruling for abortion doctor requirement by Tom Strode
- Chelsea’s interview with Cindy Collins on ERLC Instagram TV
- Article on Sen. Katrina Jackson | Louisiana abortion law takes center stage at United States Supreme Court by Greg Hilburn, Monroe News-Star
- ERLC | Capitol Conversation Podcast