This week marks a milestone for the ERLC’s podcast from Washington, DC as we publish the 100th episode of Capitol Conversations. Jeff Pickering welcomes the founder and former host Matt Hawkins back to the studio for a top 9 countdown of our favorite episodes.
Matthew Hawkins career spans 18 years at the intersection of religion and politics, including over a decade of broadcasting and podcasting experience and eight years in government relations. Most recently he served in Washington, D.C. as a policy director for the ERLC. After eight years in Washington he is pursuing a PhD in public theology while working as a podcaster, writer, and consultant. Matt remains an Associate Fellow with the ERLC’s Research Institute and serves as a board member for One America Movement, an initiative to bring Americans together across racial, religious, political and geographic divides to address pressing social problems. His writing has appeared at The Wall Street Journal, ERLC.com, and ReligiousFreedomInstitute.org. Matt holds an M.A. in Philosophy (Ethics and Public Affairs) from George Mason University, a B.B.A from Belmont University, and lives with his family in the Nashville area.
Resources from the Conversation
- 9 | August Profiles: Justin Giboney on Christian compassion and conviction in politics, published August 2019
- 8 | Meet the staff of the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom, published June 2018
- 7 | David French on the rise of alt-right white supremacist terrorism, published August 2019
- 6 | Canon & Culture: episode with Syrian Christians
- 5 | Kenneth Bae, the longest held U.S. prisoner in North Korea, on hope in a hard labor camp, published July 2019
- 4 | Northern Dreamer, Southern Dreamer, published January 2018
- 3 | Melissa Ohden on Surviving Abortion, published February 2019
- 2 | A conversation about Charlottesville, published August 2017
- 1 | A Story of Criminal Justice Reform: How the First Step Act Became Law, published February 2019
- Matt’s new podcast: Crossing Faiths
- ERLC | Capitol Conversation Podcast