Matt, Steven and Travis check in on a variety of policy items the ERLC is paying attention to as Congress returns to work. Topics include religious freedom in Malaysia; a U.S House vote in the fight against online sex trafficking; foster care reform. The team also discusses recent decisions in court cases DHS v. Regents Of Univ. Of Cal. and Zarda v. Altitude Express.
- Religious freedom advocacy encouraged by major court decision in Malaysia
- ERLC short film… stay tuned to Capitol Conversations Podcast and @ERLC on Twitter for future information about film’s release.
Fighting online sex trafficking
Foster care reform
- Event hosted by AEI: Reforming foster care systems at the state level
- Hosted by Naomi Schaeffer Riley, Remarks from Gov. Matt Bevin
- Jerry Milner, associate commissioner at the Children’s Bureau at HHS
- Ronald Richter, CEO & executive director of the Jewish Child Care Association
- Robin Wilson, Professor of Law at the University of Illinois’ College of Law
- ERLC resources on foster care
- Supreme Court Declines To Take DACA Case - NPR
- Zarda v. Altitude Express - Civil Rights Act Protects Gay Workers, Appeals Court Rules - New York Times
- Parental Rights: A Casualty of the Transgender Revolution - Andrew Walker
iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher | Tune in