Joel Rainey, Phd., pastor of Covenant Church in Shepherdstown, West Virginia, joins ERLC policy director Matt Hawkins to discuss how his local church is participating in combating the opioid crisis. Also, what does it look like for a Christian church to engage their neighbors in a multi-faith context while remaining faithful to doctrine?
- Joel’s Twitter
- Covenant Church
- One America Movement
- Conversations about our broken system aren’t enough | Joel Rainey, Aaron Alexander, and Lauren Holtzblatt
- The opioid crisis is the pro-life issue Evangelicals aren’t talking about | Phillip Bethancourt
- Opioid abuse and our neighbors: 3 characteristics our churches need | Peyton Hill
- 3 things I’ve learned from pastoring addicts | David Dunham
- From drugs to redemption: Lindsay Holloway’s story | Kara Bettis
- The challenges of a church-based addiction ministry | David Dunham
Joel Rainey is the lead pastor of Covenant Church. He serves with One America Movement, where he focuses on building partnerships to combat the opioid crisis in local communities. He serves on the adjunct faculty of two seminaries and is the author of three books. Joel is a graduate of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.