Former CIA analyst and White House National Security Council staffer Paul Miller joins Jeff Pickering and Travis Wussow to discuss how the early warnings of a pandemic like COVID19 were missed and what this global event means for the future of politics and international relations. Miller is now a professor at Georgetown University and a research fellow with ERLC. He writes frequently on government, military, and international issues.
In Part 2, we discuss how Christians can cling to the hope of Christ during such difficult times, and why the communist government of China bears ultimate blame for the coronavirus pandemic.
This episode is sponsored by The Good Book Company, publisher of Where is God in a Coronavirus World? by John Lennox
Paul D. Miller is a professor of the practice of international affairs at Georgetown University, a senior fellow with the Atlantic Council’s Scowcroft Center for Strategy and Security, and a research fellow with the ERLC. Before his career in academia, Dr. Miller served as Director for Afghanistan and Pakistan on the National Security Council staff; worked as an intelligence analyst for the Central Intelligence Agency; and served as a military intelligence officer in the U.S. Army. Miller holds a PhD in international relations and a BA in government from Georgetown University, and a master in public policy from Harvard University.
Resources from the Conversation
- Paul’s articles discussed in this conversation
- Providence | Stop Volunteering to Do the Awful Arithmetic for COVID-19
- The Dispatch | How the Intelligence Community Predicted COVID-19
- Foriegn Policy | Yes, Blame China for the Virus
- Follow Paul on Twitter @PaulDMiller2
- Check out Paul’s podcast Awkward Conversations
- Faith and healthy democracy: Introduction with Paul Miller and Brent Leatherwood
- Keep up with the ERLC’s latest resources on coronavirus at ERLC.com/COVID19
- Keep up with the latest CDC news and resources at coronavirus.gov
- From The White House | 30 DAYS TO SLOW THE SPREAD
- ERLC | Subscribe to the Policy Newsletter
- ERLC | Capitol Conversation Podcast