The coronavirus has upended our lives and the uncertainty is unsettling. As the country confronts this new reality, Jeff Pickering visited United States Senator James Lankford in his Washington, D.C. office to discuss the COVID-19 pandemic and the government’s ongoing response to this rapidly developing situation.
This episode is sponsored by The Good Book Company, publisher of the Oxford Apologetics series. Learn about the titles in this bestselling series here.
James Lankford is a United States Senator from Oklahoma. After serving four years in the U.S. House of Representatives, James was elected to the U.S. Senate to complete an unexpired term in November 2014 and re-elected to a full six-year senate term in November 2016. Before Congress, James served students and families for more than 20 years in ministry, including 15 years as the Director of Student Ministry for the Baptist Convention of Oklahoma and Director of the Falls Creek Youth Camp. James lives in Oklahoma City with his wife Cindy. They have been married more than 27 years and have two daughters, Hannah and Jordan. He enjoys spending time with his family, working in his yard, and reading.
Resources from the Conversation
- Sen. Lankford’s Senate website
- Keep up with the ERLC’s latest resources on coronavirus at ERLC.com/COVID19
- Keep up with the latest CDC news and resources at coronavirus.gov
- From The White House | 15 DAYS TO SLOW THE SPREAD
- A Q&A on coronavirus with an infectious disease specialist
- ERLC | Capitol Conversation Podcast