This is part one in the series: What’s happening with the abortion debates in America?
Jeff interviews Alabama columnist Dana Hall McCain to talk about the headline news made by her state’s new pro-life bill. Last week was momentous for the pro-life movement as state government in Alabama as well as those in Georgia, Tennessee, and Missouri enacted new laws prohibiting abortion. All this attention then catalyzed new nationwide conversations about life, women, and the unborn. Dana’s column last week, The abortion pendulum is moving, places the Yellowhammer State bill in the national discussion and makes sense of how the church should engage in this cultural moment.
Dana Hall McCain is a columnist for Alabama Media Group, focusing on topics of faith and politics. Her work appears on the AL.com website, as well as in the Huntsville Times, the Birmingham News, and the Mobile Press-Register. She has previously written for a variety of faith-based platforms about issues affecting women’s ministry, marriage and parenting. Dana has served her home church and numerous parachurch ministries as a Bible study leader, Women’s Ministry Director, and small group leader. One of her greatest joys is serving as a mentor to pregnant women at her local Christian pregnancy resource center, Wiregrass Hope Group. Dana and her husband, Greg “Scooter” McCain are parents to two children.
Resources from the Conversation
- Dana’s column at AL.com | The abortion pendulum is moving
- Dana’s column at AL.com responding to New York’s abortion bill | The abortion pendulum
- Baptist Press | Ala. legislators OK abortion ban; Gov. signs bill
- ERLC article | Three Southern states move to ban abortion
- Karen Swallow Prior’s article at Vox | Abortion will be considered unthinkable 50 years from now
- ERLC article | How the ERLC is working to oppose abortion
- ERLC | Capitol Conversation Podcast