Steve Aden on overturning Roe v. Wade
This is part three in the series: What’s happening with the abortion debates in America?
Jeff, Travis, and Steven are joined by Steve Aden of Americans United for Life to discuss the legal strategies for protecting life and the possible path to overturn Roe v. Wade. The momentum continues for the pro-life movement as state governments in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, and Missouri enacted new laws prohibiting abortion. All this attention then catalyzed nationwide conversations about life, women, and the unborn.
Steven H. Aden serves as Chief Legal Officer & General Counsel at Americans United for Life overseeing all legal operations of America’s most effective pro-life organization. Aden is a highly experienced litigator, having appeared in court against Planned Parenthood and the abortion industry dozens of times and appointed by the attorneys general of six states to defend pro-life laws. Aden secured court victories that upheld Arizona preventing six abortion businesses from offering abortion, applied Missouri’s abortion laws to chemical abortion and upheld the right of Louisiana regulators to shut down dangerous abortion facilities. A prolific author and analyst on sanctity of life issues and constitutional jurisprudence, Aden is bar certified in the District of Columbia, Virginia, and Hawaii (inactive), and is a member of the bars at the U.S. Supreme Court, numerous federal circuit and district courts. Aden has practiced law since 1990 and earned his J.D. (cum laude) from Georgetown University Law Center and his B.A. from the University of Hawaii.
Resources from the Conversation
- Podcast Episode | Part 1: Dana Hall McCain on Alabama’s pendulum swing
- Podcast Episode | Part 2: Trillia Newbell and Daniel Darling on a holistic pro-life ethic
- Joe Carter’s article | Explainer: How legal issues make it to the Supreme Court
- Evangelicals for Life event message | Travis Wussow and Kristen Waggoner discuss the pro-life policy outlook in 2019
- Clark D. Forsythe’s book Abuse of Discretion | Clark D. Forsythe, Senior Counsel Americans United for Life
- Americans United for Life webpage | https://aul.org/
- ERLC | Capitol Conversation Podcast