In this episode, Josh, Lindsay, and Brent discuss religious liberty in Nevada, Caring Well Challenge, The Rock, U.S. debt, the Benadryl challenge, and Chadwick Boseman. Lindsay also gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including a piece by Ryan Tucker and Travis Wussow with “What’s next for religious freedom in Nevada,” Josh Wester with “What does cognitive dissonance have to do with abortion and social justice?,” and Faye Scott with “Protocols to help protect against sexual abuse while meeting virtually.” Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by DJ Jenkins for a conversation about life and ministry.
DJ Jenkins grew up east of Los Angeles in Redlands, California. During his college years at Cal Poly Pomona, DJ met a great group of students & staff of the local Cru (Campus Crusade for Christ) chapter. It was through this organization DJ placed his faith in Jesus and started following Him. After graduating with a B.S. in biology, DJ spent nine years working with Cru, including one year overseas in São Paulo, Brazil. He met his wife Alisha through Cru and, before moving to Studio City, they worked together at the University of Arizona for five years. In 2012, DJ and Alisha and their team moved to Studio City, an influential neighborhood of Los Angeles, to start Anthology Church. DJ and Alisha have two children. DJ is currently in the final semester of receiving his Masters of Divinity from Gateway Seminary. You can connect with him on Twitter: @DJJenkins
- Ryan Tucker and Travis Wussow with What’s next for religious freedom in Nevada?
- Josh Wester with What does cognitive dissonance have to do with abortion and social justice?
- Faye Scott with Protocols to help protect against sexual abuse while meeting virtually: Don’t let your guard down during COVID-19
- The Rock tests positive for COVID-19
- U.S. Debt to reach 100% of GDP
- What the CDC Means by describing COVID-19 as the ‘only cause’ of 6% of patient deaths
- Alabama gives the OK to return to the buffet
- United, Delta, American say they are dropping change fees for domestic flights
- Commission on Presidential Debates announces moderators
- Biden, Democrats Shatter Fundraising Record with $364.5 million in August
- Benadryl challenge is a dangerous and deadly fad on social media: medical experts
- Chadwick Boseman, who embodied Black icons, dies of cancer
- Lindsay: James Bond: NO TIME TO DIE
- Josh: Boneless Chicken Wings
- Brent: NY Times: We’re all socially awkward now
Connect with us on Twitter
- Caring Well Hiring Guide – Download your free copy now and strengthen your efforts to make your church safe for survivors and safe from abuse.