In this episode, Josh, Brent, Julie, and Meagan discuss GameStop, how the economy is similar to that of WWII, social channels cracking down on political ads, the status of former President Trump’s possible impeachment, the CDC’s recommendation for schools, Israel leading in vaccinations, Lifeway selling their building, and Super Bowl commercials. Julie also gives a rundown of some of the ERLC’s most popular content from Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram this week.
Julie Masson serves as Director of External Engagement for the ERLC. She is responsible for strategic planning, development and implementation of the ERLC brand strategy across all ERLC departments and provides leadership and oversight for the ERLC marketing team as well as coordinating external affairs and partnership deliverables. Julie and her husband Jesse spent two years in Spain with the International Mission Board before moving to Kansas City where they live with their three children. She is a graduate of Iowa State University. You can connect with her on Twitter: @juliermasson
- ERLC’s public policy priorities for 2021
- Evangelicals for Life 2021
- Gender, sexuality, and the Biden Administration
- Worst economy since WWII
- GamesStop goes Gangbusters
- Big Tech bolts politics
- Google pausing all political ads following Capitol siege
- All the platforms that have banned or restricted Trump so far
- Early Procedural Test Shows Where Senate GOP May Stand On Convicting Trump
- CDC makes case for schools reopening
- January deadliest month for Covid
- Israel leads in global race to vaccinate
- Lifeway building under contract, transitions to new work environment
- IMB partners with 140 international Baptist conventions in fulfilling Great Commission
- Budweiser won’t run a commercial during the Super Bowl for the first time in 37 years.
- Julie: Bedtime History
- Josh: Reading while Black
- Brent: BBC: Working in coffee shops – For the pandemic: Terra Vibe
- Meagan: The Bible Recap
Connect with us on Twitter
- A Parent’s Guide to Teaching Your Children About Gender: by Jared Kennedy. This short book walks through six conversation topics designed to help you apply the truth and hope of the gospel to the complex issue of gender.
- Stand for Life: At the ERLC, we stand for life. Our work to save preborn babies and care for the vulnerable is vital to our work. Believing that abortion can end in our lifetime, will you join us as we STAND FOR LIFE?
OLIVIER DOULIERY / Getty Contributor