In this episode, Josh, Lindsay, and Brent discuss how schools might reopen, IMB relocating missionaries, Shanghai Disneyland, the 2020 Gerber Baby, and Hamilton. Lindsay also gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including a piece from Jessie Sandberg on a 91-year-old’s perspective on loneliness and isolation, Herbie Newell on Why International adoption is still a viable instrument in child welfare, and Josh Wester on Why Planned Parenthood doesn’t fit on Mother’s Day. Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Greg Pickering for a conversation about life and ministry.
Greg Pickering is Lead Pastor of Brazos Pointe Fellowship in Lake Jackson, Texas; a church he planted in 2001. He actively supports and coaches church planters through the Houston Church Planting Network and NAMB’s SEND City Initiative in Seattle, Wash. He also serves as NAMB’s South Texas Ambassador. Greg married his college sweetheart, Kathy. They are the parents of two adult married sons, and have three grandsons. Greg graduated from Texas A&M University with a BBA in Finance, and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary with a MA in Religious Education. Twitter: @ghpickering
- Jessie Sandberg with A 91-year-old's perspective on loneliness and isolation
- Herbie Newell on Why international adoption is still a viable instrument in child welfare
- Josh Wester with Why Planned Parenthood doesn’t fit on Mother’s Day
- Coronavirus FAQs: Do Temperature Screenings Help? Can Mosquitoes Spread It?
- District of Columbia extends stay at home order three plus weeks.
- CSU plans to cancel most in-person classes and go online in the fall
- Pence's press secretary tests positive for coronavirus, Trump says
- IMB temporarily relocates missionaries
- ERLC urges support for churches, non-profits
- Shanghai Disneyland reopens with timed entry and social distancing
- 2020 Gerber baby is first adopted baby chosen for campaign
- Google says that the majority of its employees will work from home until 2021
- MLB Owners Reportedly Approve Proposal for 2020 Season
- Lin-Manuel Miranda, Bob Iger announce 'Hamilton' is coming to Disney+ in July
- Lindsay: McMillion$
- Josh: The Kennedys; Darrin Patrick’s death; Ravi Zacharias; Hamilton; Conspiracy theories abound.
- Brent: 2020 graduates – Congrats, you get free doughnuts from Krispy Kreme!
- Q: As a Christian I’ve been discouraged in my faith a little during this season of isolation. Is there any kind resource you would recommend for me to read or watch?
- A: When I don’t desire God, by John Piper
Connect with us on Twitter
- Talking Points: Abortion by Dr Lizzie Ling and Vaughan Roberts (The Good Book Company)
- ERLC Highlights – subscribe for curated content from the ERLC’s editors delivered straight to your inbox