In this episode, Josh, Lindsay, and Brent discuss what is happening in China, California’s record breaking coronavirus week, the Bahamas, opening day for baseball, and a surprise Taylor Swift album. Lindsay also gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including a piece by Travis Wussow, Josh Wester, and Brent Leatherwood with an “Explainer: How should Christians think about singing in church during COVID-19,” Alex Ward with “Why God’s Word is better than fiction with combatting sin,” and Stacy Reaoch with “What do our words say to a watching world? Glorifying God by respecting those with whom we disagree.” Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Jason Thacker for a conversation about life and ministry.
Jason Thacker serves as the Creative Director and as Chair of Research in Technology Ethics. In these roles, he develops content and resources in the area of technology ethics and oversees all creative projects including design, video, web, audio, and print media. Jason is the author of The Age of AI: Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Humanity with Zondervan. He is a graduate of The University of Tennessee and The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is married to Dorie and they have two sons. You can connect with him on Twitter: @jasonthacker
- Travis Wussow, Josh Wester, and Brent Leatherwood with an Explainer: How should Christians think about singing in church during COVID-19?
- Alex Ward with Why God’s Word is better than fiction when combatting sin: Lord of the Rings, racism, and power of a Savior
- Stacy Reaoch with What do our words say to a watching world? Glorifying God by respecting those with whom we disagree
- Chinese ambassador struggles to explain Xinjiang footage of blindfolded prisoners
- U.S. orders China’s Houston consulate to close
- California breaks record with over 12,000 new coronavirus cases
- The White House has a list of 11 cities in need of aggressive action to combat Covid-19
- The Bahamas banned flights from the US and other hard-hit countries in effort to contain coronavirus spread
- During Coronavirus Lockdowns, Some Doctors Wondered: Where Are the Preemies?
- More needed to be done to disavow Margaret Sanger
- The Baptist Record ceases printing, moves to free digital service
- SBC President J.D. Greear says Summit RDU will not hold full-scale worship gatherings for the remainder of 2020.
- Baseball Shouts ‘Play Ball!’ But For How Long? A Nervous 2020 Season Begins
- Taylor Swift announces a surprise studio album
- Friends mourn pastor fatally struck on Sherman highway while helping others
- Lindsay: ONE year until the Tokyo Olympics!; The Splendid and the Vile by Erik Larson
- Josh: Books: David Brooks (Road to Character) resume tweet. Aristotle: Politics & Nicomachean Ethics
- Brent: Creepy custom fake smile face masks go viral
Connect with us on Twitter
ERLC Highlights – subscribe for curated content from the ERLC’s editors delivered straight to your inbox