In this episode, Brent and Lindsay discuss the devastation in Southwest Florida caused by Hurricane Ian and Southern Baptist’s disaster relief mobilization. They also talk about the need in Puerto Rico, the Jones Act waiver, and the Baptist cooperation that helped make that happen.
- Hunter Baker with Why Christians should never resort to political violence: Sin and serving the Lord of the beatitudes (Union University article)
- Lisa Misner with Ilinois Baptists stand for life as abortions increase in their state
- ABC News: Devastation caused by Hurricane Ian
- BP: Southern Baptists respond
- Politico: Jones Act Waiver Approved for Puerto Rico
- Aaron Judge’s 61st homerun
Connect with us on Twitter
- Dobbs Resource Page | The release of the Dobbs decision marks a true turning point in the pro-life movement, a moment that Christians, advocates and many others have worked toward tirelessly for 50 years. Let us rejoice that we live in a nation where past injustices can still be corrected, as we also roll our sleeves up to save preborn lives, serve vulnerable mothers, and support families in our communities. To get more resources on this case, visit ERLC.com/Dobbs.
- Sexual Ethics Resource Page | Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the constant stream of entertainment and messages that challenge the Bible’s teachings on sexual ethics? It often feels like we’re walking through uncharted terrority. But no matter what we face in our ever-shifting culture, God’s design for human sexuality has never changed. The ERLC’s new sexual ethics resource page is full of helpful articles, videos, and explainers that will equip you to navigate these important issues with truth and grace. Get these free resources at ERLC.com/sexualethics.