For this episode, Brent interviewed Matt Henslee, the executive director of the Collin Baptist Association in Texas. Matt recently served as the president of the SBC pastors conference and the two talked about his time leading that effort as well as the importance of local associations in SBC life. Here is Matt’s article about his own adoption story.
- Understanding the Reconciliation Process in Congress – As Christians seek to be well informed on the workings of our government, play an active role in our democracy, and ensure the well-being of our neighbors, it is important to more fully understand this complicated procedure.
- The Church’s Need for Post-Abortive Ministry – Karen Ellison shares her experiences and helps us consider the ways in which individuals in our churches and communities might still be in need of healing from past abortions, as well as the importance of this work to the future of the pro-life movement.
- WSJ: Internal Informant Led to Search of Trump Property – The episode points to a sharp escalation in the Justice Department’s inquiry into Mr. Trump, which also includes an investigation into the events leading up to the Jan. 6, 2021, riot on the Capitol.
- Dispatch: July Brings Hint of Inflation Relief – the latest Consumer Price Index numbers from the BLS showed that, on net, prices for the average American consumer didn’t rise at all from June to July.
- Indy Star: New Abortion Ban Signed into Law in Indiana – Gov. Eric Holcomb signed a near total ban on abortion in Indiana Aug. 5.
- BP: Barber Names Abuse Task Force Members– “The purpose of this task force is to assist the churches of the Southern Baptist Convention in our efforts to shut the doors of our churches to those who would act as sexual predators and to wrap our arms around survivors and those who love them,” Barber said.
- Dobbs Resource Page | The release of the Dobbs decision marks a true turning point in the pro-life movement, a moment that Christians, advocates and many others have worked toward tirelessly for 50 years. Let us rejoice that we live in a nation where past injustices can still be corrected, as we also roll our sleeves up to save preborn lives, serve vulnerable mothers, and support families in our communities. To get more resources on this case, visit ERLC.com/Dobbs.
- Sexual Ethics Resource Page | Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the constant stream of entertainment and messages that challenge the Bible’s teachings on sexual ethics? It often feels like we’re walking through uncharted terrority. But no matter what we face in our ever-shifting culture, God’s design for human sexuality has never changed. The ERLC’s new sexual ethics resource page is full of helpful articles, videos, and explainers that will equip you to navigate these important issues with truth and grace. Get these free resources at ERLC.com/sexualethics.