In this episode, Josh, Brent, and Lindsay discuss the similarities and differences in the coronavirus vaccines, Gov. Greg Abbott ending the mask mandate in Texas, Mississippi also lighting their mask mandate, Dolly Parton getting her coronavirus vaccine, Pope Francis’ visit to Iraq, Nigerian schoolgirls being kidnapped, QAnon and threats to the capitol, and a Cheetos burglary case. Lindsay gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including the policy staff with “Explainer: Beccera’s Troubling Nomination for the Department of Health and Human Services,” Jason Thacker and Josh Wester with “Should Amazon be able to ban books?,” and Joe Carter with “Understanding ethical systems: Virtue ethics.” Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Jeff Pickering for a conversation about life and ministry.
Jeff Pickering serves as Policy Communications Director in the Washington, D.C., office. In this role, he hosts the weekly Capitol Conversations podcast, develops communications strategy, and connects journalists with the organization’s policy work. He also serves as the mentor and director of the DC internship program. Jeff previously served in both local church ministry and government affairs in his home state of Texas, where he graduated from Texas A&M University. He and his wife, Chelsea have a son. You can connect with him on Twitter @jeffpickering.
- Policy Staff with Explainer: Beccera’s Troubling Nomination for the Department of Health and Human Services
- Jason Thacker and Josh Wester with Should Amazon be able to ban books?
- Joe Carter with Understanding ethical systems: Virtue ethics
- The U.S. coronavirus vaccines aren’t all the same
- Church Leaders Say Johnson & Johnson Shot Should Be Avoided If Alternatives Available
- Gov. Greg Abbott says it is now time to open Texas 100%, end statewide mask mandate
- Texas, Mississippi to lift mask mandates, let all businesses reopen at full capacity
- Dolly Parton helped fund Moderna’s vaccine. It began with a car crash and an unlikely friendship.
- Dolly gets a dose of her own medicine.
- Pope Francis to visit Iraq
- Hundreds of Nigerian schoolgirls released days after kidnapping
- It’s March 4th: Biden is still president
- House cancels Thursday session as FBI, Homeland Security warn of threat to Capitol
- Cheetos Residue Helps Police Crack Burglary Case
- Lindsay: Jimmy Fallon and John Legend
- Josh: Father – Daughter time in spring weather
- Brent: Local newspapers- The Tennessean
Connect with us on Twitter
- Caring Well: Churches should be a refuge for those who have experienced abuse. The Caring Well Challenge is a free resource from the ERLC in which we take you through a year long journey with 8 different steps to help make your church safe for survivors and safe from abuse.
- Stand for Life: At the ERLC, we stand for life. Our work to save preborn babies and care for the vulnerable is vital to our work. Believing that abortion can end in our lifetime, will you join us as we STAND FOR LIFE?