In this episode, Josh, Lindsay, and Brent discuss reopening churches, Mother’s Day, a growing mental health crisis, Nicolas Cage Cast as Tiger King Joe Exotic, and mini pancakes. Lindsay also gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including a piece from Jared Kennedy with 12 things to consider with reopening children’s ministry, Eric Costanzo with 7 ways to serve our immigrant and refugee neighbors during a pandemic, and Alex Ward with 5 mothers who helped shaped Christian history. Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Chelsea Sobolik for a conversation about life and ministry.
Chelsea Patterson Sobolik serves as a Policy Director in the Washington, D.C. office. Previously, she worked in the U.S. House of Representatives on pro-life policies, domestic and international religious freedom, adoption, and foster care issues. Chelsea is the author of Longing for Motherhood – Holding onto Hope in the Midst of Childlessness. She has a B.A. in International Relations from Liberty University, and lives in Washington, D.C., with her husband Michael. Twitter: @chelspat
- Jared Kennedy with 12 things to consider when reopening your children's ministry.
- Daniel Patterson and Jenn Kintner with What should churches do as they consider reopening after the coronavirus?
- Eric Costanzo with 7 ways to serve our immigrant and refugee neighbors during a pandemic.
- Alex Ward with 5 mothers who helped shape Christian history.
- A Message from President George W. Bush
- The Covid-19 Riddle: Why Does theVirus Wallop Some Places and Spare Others?
- The coronavirus pandemic is pushing America into a mental health crisis
- Don’t Forget the Other Pandemic Killing Thousands of Americans
- Illinois Governor Pritzker confirms churches will not be allowed to have services with more than 50 people until there is a vaccine
- A Georgia man was chased and killed while jogging, his mother says
- Supreme Court Arguments Resume — But With A Twist
- Supreme Court considers abortion mandate again
- Poland postpones presidential election
- 5.5 magnitude earthquake rattles Puerto Rico, damages buildings in Ponce
- North Korea says Kim Jong Un made public appearance
- Nicolas Cage Cast as Tiger King Joe Exotic in New TV Series
- Future Of Live Music Could Be Drive-In Concerts
- Lindsay: Grimes and Elon Musk's choice of baby name might not be accepted in California
- Josh: Mini Pancakes, How religious liberty made me a Baptist: Part 1 and Part 2
- Brent: LifeWay Church Assistance Package
- Q: Our church is thinking through what steps we need to take to begin re-opening and holding services again. What recommendations do you have?
Connect with us on Twitter
- Talking Points: Abortion by Dr Lizzie Ling and Vaughan Roberts (The Good Book Company)
- ERLC Highlights – subscribe for curated content from the ERLC’s editors delivered straight to your inbox