In this episode, Josh, Lindsay, and Brent discuss this week’s Supreme Court rulings, foreign students being forced to leave the U.S., Kanye West, plans for New York City schools, Charlie Daniels and Ivy League canceling fall sports. Lindsay also gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including pieces by RaShan Frost, Heather Rice-Minus, and Josh Wester. Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Travis Wussow for a conversation about life and ministry.
Travis Wussow serves as the vice president for Public Policy and General Counsel. Travis led the ERLC’s first international office located in the Middle East prior to joining the Washington, D.C. office. He received a B.B.A. in Finance from The University of Texas at Austin and a J.D. from The University of Texas School of Law. He and his wife, Katie, have two daughters. You can connect with her on Twitter: @traviswussow.
- RaShan Frost with What is the difference between remembering history and celebrating division?
- Heather Rice-Minus with A call to pray for those in prison during the pandemic
- Josh Wester with Why Christians should care about the latest step in the sexual revolution: Opposing polyamory for the good of society
- Supreme Court ministerial exception affirmed
- Supreme Court rules employers with religious objections can be exempt from ACA’s birth control mandate
- SCOTUS: Congress can’t get Trump tax records, but grand jury subpoena may
- Foreign students could be forced to leave U.S. if colleges move online
- Harvard and MIT sue Trump administration over rule barring foreign students from online classes
- Kanye West announces he is running for president in the 2020 US election
- BBC More than three million people in the US have now tested positive for Covid-19, according to Johns Hopkins University.
- CNN: Tom Hanks: Wear a mask
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms tests positive for coronavirus
- New York City schools will not fully reopen in fall
- RIP Charlie Daniels.
- The Ivy League becomes the first Division I conference to cancel all fall sports
- Lindsay: 2020 motto: “Please scream inside your heart.” https://www.wsj.com/articles/reopened-theme-parks-ban-screaming-on-roller-coasters-riders-are-howling-11594222278?st=r6pu4qsoqqsfzlu
- Josh: Milk & Cookies from Blue Bell!
- Brent: Explaining the difference between cases and deaths; School reopening tracker
Connect with us on Twitter
- ERLC Highlights – subscribe for curated content from the ERLC’s editors delivered straight to your inbox