In this episode, Josh, Lindsay, and Brent discuss presidential race updates, food supply shortages, LifeWay cut backs, and the golden age of reruns. Lindsay also gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including a piece from Mike McCarty on why home is not always a safe place, Lindsay Nicolet’s interview with First Baptist Church of Picayune on how they are providing childcare for essential workers, and Dane Hays on what to do when disagreeing with family and friends about social distancing. Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Sara for a conversation about life and ministry.
About Sara: Sara Groves is singer/ songwriter and recording artist with a passion for justice and a heart of mercy. She has joined forces with International Justice Mission to advocate for victims of human trafficking for the past 12 years. Sara has produced a string of successful albums including her latest, Abide With Me, a collection of hymns recorded in a 110-year-old church, and Joy of Every Longing Heart (Christmas). Twitter: @grovesroad
- Mike McCarty with Why home is not always a safe place during stay-at-home orders: The increased risk of sexual abuse during COVID-19.
- Lindsay Nicolet with How one church provided childcare for essential workers during the pandemic.
- Dane Hays with What should you do when disagreeing with family and friends about social distancing?
- Rep. Justin Amash announced on Tuesday that he has "launched an exploratory committee" to seek the Libertarian Party's 2020 nomination for a possible third-party presidential run.
- Trump EO; Meat plant workers to Trump: Employees aren't going to show up
- Biden announces a committee to help with VP selection
- Biden is also dealing with allegations of a potential sexual assault that happened several decades ago.
- 9 Ways Schools Will Look Different When (And If) They Reopen
- LifeWay announces budget cuts and staff reductions amid COVID-19
- Coronavirus reaches 1 million cases
- Another 3.8 million Americans file for unemployment
- California to close all beaches
- Costco will start requiring customers to wear masks Monday
- More than $400,000 so far raised for small churches at risk during COVID-19
- A pug in North Carolina may be the first dog in US to test positive for coronavirus
- We're in a golden age of TV reruns.
- Lindsay: Kim Jung Un speculations, 5 facts about North Korea’s violations of human rights and religious freedom, Olivia Enos on Kim Jong Un’s disappearance
- Josh: The Kennedy’s on Hulu
- Brent: Five Family Resources from Lifeline Children’s Services
- Q: I’m a pastor helping families think through questions about end of life care. Does the ERLC have any resources on this?
- Analysis of issue: https://erlc.com/resource-library/articles/issues-analysis-end-of-life-the-dying-process – Issues Analysis: End-of-life – The dying process
- Withdrawal of care: https://erlc.com/resource-library/articles/when-can-christians-withdraw-life-sustaining-medical-treatment – When can Christians withdraw life-sustaining medical treatment? – Joe Carter
Connect with us on Twitter
- Where is God in a Coronavirus World? by John Lennox (The Good Book Company)
- ERLC Highlights – subscribe for curated content from the ERLC’s editors delivered straight to your inbox