In this episode, Brent and Julie discuss pastor appreciation month and the great work of one SBC pastor in particular, Senate appropriation bills, Colin Powell’s legacy, and an update on the Texas abortion ban. They also chat about three opportunities that public school offers families, a Supreme Court case involving the right of a public school teacher to pray, and a trip around the world by a 19-year-old.
- Alice Stricklin with Pastors, how is your mental health? The importance of recognizing your own struggles and seeking help when needed
- Jared Kennedy with 3 opportunities public education offers to Christian families
- Chelsea Sobolik with an article about the Senate appropriations bills
- Colin Powell dies at age 84
- An Update on the Texas abortion law
- Joseph Kennedy and the right of a public school teacher to pray.
- 19-year-old Zara Rutherford flies around the world
Connect with us on Twitter
- Mere Evangelism by Randy Newman | | C.S. Lewis was used by God in the conversions of countless people, but evangelism is an extraordinary task to most people. You may feel inadequate, but in this book evangelist Randy Newman skillfully helps us to apply some of the famous methods Lewis used in our own conversations with unbelievers, whatever their attitude towards the Christian faith.
- Any Time, Any Place, Any Prayer by Laura Wifler, co-founder of Risen Motherhood | | This beautifully illustrated Bible storybook takes children on a journey from the start of the Bible story to the end. Children will learn a biblical understanding of prayer, why it’s amazing, and that they can enjoy talking with God about anything, anytime, anywhere.