In this episode, Brent and Lindsay discuss Russia’s illegal invasion of Ukraine, the decline of global democracy, and the Ahmaud Arbery federal murder trial. They also talk about the Queen’s recovery from COVID-19 and pursuing racial unity in the SBC.
- Jason Thacker with Why Christians must pursue biblically-defined justice: Christian social ethics, the gospel, and the imago Dei
- Alan Cross with Why we should be thankful for Caesar Blackwell, the Alabama Baptist slave preacher: Montgomery, the Bus Boycott, and the Civil Rights Movement
- “Pursuing Unity: A Discussion of Racial Reconciliation Efforts and the SBC”; Baptist Press article
- NBC News – Russia Launches Illegal Invasion of Ukraine
- Russia launched attacks on Ukraine from multiple fronts
- Putin’s speech
- Ukrainian president as a target
- Axios – Global democracy declines for 16th year, annual index finds
- CBS News – Ahmaud Arbery federal murder trial
- NBC News – Queen postpones more events after Covid positive
Connect with us on Twitter
- Prison Fellowship | Second Chance Month // Every person has dignity and potential. But one in three American adults has a criminal record, which limits their access to education, jobs, housing, and other things they need to reach that potential. Join Prison Fellowship this April as they celebrate “Second Chance Month”. Find out how you and your church can help unlock second chances for formerly incarcerated people who have repaid their debt to society. Learn how at prisonfellowship.org.
- Psalm 139 Project // Through the Psalm 139 Project, the ERLC is placing 50 ultrasound machines by the 50th anniversary of Roe v. Wade in 2023, and thanks to the overwhelming generosity of Southern Baptists and our pro-life partners, we’re already halfway to our goal. But requests for these lifesaving machines continue to pour in from around the country, and our team can’t keep up without your help. Will you take a stand for life by helping us place our next ultrasound machine? One hundred percent of financial contributions designated to the Psalm 139 Project go toward purchasing ultrasound machines and providing training for workers. Learn more at ERLC.com/50by50.