In this episode, Josh, Lindsay, and Brent discuss updates on the Capitol Hill Baptist Church court case, SCOTUS hearings, world COVID-19 updates, Barron Trump and Nick Saban test positive for coronavirus, Kamala Harris pausing her campaign travel, a huge fundraising update from Biden’s campaign, the cancelation of the second presidential debate, and the Los Angeles Lakers winning their 17th title. Lindsay also gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including “The Pearl Brown Story,” Lindsay Nicolet with “How churches and civic leaders can work together during the pandemic,” and Russell Moore with “Why life should be viewed as a miracle.” Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Benjamin Watson for a conversation about life and ministry.
Benjamin Watson is a former American football tight end. He was drafted by the New England Patriots 32nd overall in the 2004 NFL Draft and later he would win Super Bowl XXXIX with the team over the Philadelphia Eagles. He played college football at Georgia. Watson has also played for the Cleveland Browns, Baltimore Ravens, and New Orleans Saints. Benjamin is the author of Under Our Skin: Getting Real about Race-and Getting Free from the Fears and Frustrations that Divide Us and The New Dad’s Playbook. Benjamin has been a long time friend of the ERLC and has spoken at our Evangelicals Life Conference. He is known for being a very vocal opponent of abortion and just released a documentary Divided Hearts of America which aim to bring empathy and understanding to all sides of the abortion debate. Benjamin has been married to his wife Kirsten for 15 years and together they have seven children. You can connect with him on Twitter: @BenjaminSWatson
- The ERLC with The Pearl Brown Story
- Lindsay Nicolet with How churches and civic leaders can work together during the pandemic: An interview with Rolland Slade, a pastor in California
- Russell Moore with Why life should be viewed as a miracle: The little book by Wendell Berry that reshaped my vision of Christian ethics
- Capitol Hill Baptist gains religious liberty win in court
- SCOTUS hearings: Barrett answers questions on healthcare, voting rights and presidential powers
- Sen Ben Sasse tells Dems to follow basic civics during Judge Barrett’s confirmation hearing.
- Italy and U.K report record coronavirus surges
- Paris Under Curfew: Europe Reacts As Countries See Highest-Ever Coronavirus Numbers
- Hunker down’: The fall Covid-19 surge is here
- Kids struggle with Covid-19 and its months of aftermath
- Melania Trump reveals son Barron had COVID-19, opens up about diagnosis
- Kamala Harris pausing campaign travel
- Alabama football coach Nick Saban tests positive for Covid-19
- Major coronavirus vaccine trial is paused to investigate unexplained illness
- Americans’ Readiness to Get COVID-19 Vaccine Falls to 50%
- Biden says campaign raised $383 million in September
- The Latest: 2nd presidential debate is officially canceled
- NOBTS and NAMB partner for church planting center in New Orleans
- Los Angeles Lakers win 17th NBA title
- Josh: A Real Lighsaber
- Brent: Is this real life? Or a simulation?
Connect with us on Twitter
- Caring Well Hiring Guide – Download your free copy now and strengthen your efforts to make your church safe for survivors and safe from abuse.
- Courage and Civility Church Kit – Pastors and church leaders download your free copy today to help guide your congregations through this polarized moment.