In this episode, Josh, Lindsay, and Brent discuss the president and first lady contracting COVID-19, other white house staff contracting COVID-19, airborne transmission of COVID-19, the first vice presidential debate, tropical storm Delta, the Lottie Moon Christmas offering, and the return of Tasmanian Devils. Lindsay also gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including a piece by Russell Moore with “What is the basis for Christian ethics?,” Josh Wester with “A closer look at the judicial philosophy of Amy Coney Barrett,” Amanda Hays with “4 conversations I’m having with my child about ‘Mulan’,” and Jeff Pickering and Travis Wussow with “Rolland Slade on how pastors can build partnerships with public officials.” Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Dana McCain for a conversation about life and ministry.
Dana Hall McCain is a lifelong Alabamian and a graduate of Auburn University. She is a Resident Fellow with the Alabama Policy Institute where she writes editorial content for a host of media outlets dealing with faith, politics and cultural issues of the day. Her work regularly appears on multiple platforms including AL.com, Yellowhammer News, The Birmingham News, The Huntsville Times and Mobile Press-Register. Dana and her husband Greg “Scooter” McCain are members of First Baptist Church of Dothan, Alabama. She has served the church in the past as Women’s Ministry director and a Bible study leader. The McCains are parents to two teenagers. You can connect with him on Twitter: @dhmccain
- Russell Moore with What is the basis for Christian ethics?
- Josh Wester with A closer look at the judicial philosophy of Amy Coney Barrett
- Amanda Hays with 4 conversations I’m having with my child about “Mulan”
- Jeff Pickering and Travis Wussow on the Capitol Conversations podcast with Rolland Slade on how pastors can build partnerships with public officials
- POTUS and FLOTUS tested positive for COVID-19.
- Trump returns to White House, although doctors say he ‘may not entirely be out of the woods’
- 34 members of WH staff have COVID-19
- Senior Pentagon leadership quarantining after exposure to coronavirus
- CDC Acknowledges Coronavirus Can Spread Via Airborne Transmission
- 2020 vice presidential debate
- Trump says he won’t do next presidential debate after it goes virtual, Biden still wants town hall
- Tropical Storm Delta breaks record as it moves toward Gulf Coast, could become hurricane
- Lottie Moon Christmas Offering total exceeds goal at $159.5M
- After 3,000 years, Tasmanian devils are returning to Australian mainland
- Lindsay: Coronavirus Church Closures Are Not Persecution
- Josh: How Things Have Changed: Reflections of a Millennial Pastor in a Gen Z World
- Brent: Reminder to spend intentional time resting.
Connect with us on Twitter
- Caring Well Hiring Guide – Download your free copy now and strengthen your efforts to make your church safe for survivors and safe from abuse.
- Courage and Civility Church Kit – Pastors and church leaders download your free copy today to help guide your congregations through this polarized moment.