In this episode, Lindsay and Brent discuss a new ruling by a federal judge to block the Texas Heartbeat law, the final vote result by the SBC Executive Committee initiating the independent investigation into sexual abuse, a new request for approval on COVID-19 vaccines for children, news about a last-minute agreement on the debt ceiling from Capitol Hill, and beginning of the Atlanta Braves pursuit of a world championship in the Major League Baseball postseason. They also give a rundown of this week’s ERLC content about the parameters God sets for our lives and why they’re good, the Supreme Court cases we’re watching, and our interview with SBC president Ed Litton. Finally, Lindsay and Brent do their best James Bonds impressions.
- Jordan Wootten with Why God-given limits are for our good: An interview with Ashley Hales on A Spacious Life
- Chelsea Patterson Sobolik with Important Supreme Court cases to watch this term: Life and religious liberty front and center at the nation’s highest court
- Jill Waggoner with SBC President Ed Litton discusses the SBC’s challenges, suffering, and how to return to Jesus
- A federal judge blocks SB 8
- SBC EC votes to waive attorney-client privilege in sexual abuse investigation
- Pfizer and BioNTech seeking FDA emergency use authorization for COVID vaccine for ages 5–11
- Nearly 30,000 children were admitted to hospitals with COVID in August
- Agreement to extend the debt limit through early December announced
- Baseball playoffs have begun
- Facebook: This week’s blackout and The Wall Street Journal report
- Brent: New Bond movie, No Time to Die
- Lindsay: Article about Gary Chapman, author of Five Love Languages
Connect with us on Twitter
- Mere Evangelism by Randy Newman | | C.S. Lewis was used by God in the conversions of countless people, but evangelism is an extraordinary task to most people. You may feel inadequate, but in this book evangelist Randy Newman skillfully helps us to apply some of the famous methods Lewis used in our own conversations with unbelievers, whatever their attitude towards the Christian faith.
- Any Time, Any Place, Any Prayer by Laura Wifler, co-founder of Risen Motherhood | | This beautifully illustrated Bible storybook takes children on a journey from the start of the Bible story to the end. Children will learn a biblical understanding of prayer, why it’s amazing, and that they can enjoy talking with God about anything, anytime, anywhere.