In this episode, Josh, Brent, and Lindsay discuss the winter weather hitting the U.S. this week, the Texas power crisis, why Covid-19 cases are dropping and cutting life expectancy, Rush Limbaugh and Carman passing away, Ravi Zacharias investigation, and spring training starting up. Lindsay gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including the Policy Staff with “Explainer: How should Christians think about France’s “separatism” bill?,” Stephen Stallard with “3 ways to engage our neighbors during a pandemic,” Julie Masson with “Common questions about the COVID-19 vaccine.” Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Carl R. Trueman for a conversation about life and ministry.
Carl R. Trueman (PhD, University of Aberdeen) is professor of biblical and religious studies at Grove City College. He is an esteemed church historian and previously served as the William E. Simon Fellow in Religion and Public Life at Princeton University. Trueman has authored or edited more than a dozen books, including The Creedal Imperative; Luther on the Christian Life; and Histories and Fallacies. Trueman is a member of The Orthodox Presbyterian Church.
- Policy Staff with Explainer: How should Christians think about France’s “separatism” bill?
- Stephen Stallard with 3 ways to engage our neighbors during a pandemic
- Julie Masson with Common questions about the COVID-19 vaccine
- Winter storm slams dozens of states and leaves millions without power
- Record-setting cold snap turns deadly
- Winter storm strikes much of US
- Texas power crisis
- Dispatch fact check on Texas power
- COVID-19 Cases Are Dropping Fast. Why?
- Axios: Covid cases drop
- Covid cuts life expectancy
- Rush Limbaugh, conservative media icon, dead at 70 following battle with cancer
- Carman, Christian music icon and Gospel Music Hall of Famer, dies at 65
- Open Letter from the International Board of Directors of RZIM
- Investigation reveals Zacharias’ years-long history of sexual abuse of women
- Spring training is here
- Lindsay: Plan Your Vaccine
- Josh: Less About The Fence, More About The Playground: Female Ambition and Complementarian Culture
- Meagan: Gen Z/Millennial spat
Connect with us on Twitter
- A Parent’s Guide to Teaching Your Children About Gender: by Jared Kennedy. This short book walks through six conversation topics designed to help you apply the truth and hope of the gospel to the complex issue of gender.
- Stand for Life: At the ERLC, we stand for life. Our work to save preborn babies and care for the vulnerable is vital to our work. Believing that abortion can end in our lifetime, will you join us as we STAND FOR LIFE?
Joe Raedle / Getty Staff