In this episode, Josh, Brent, and Lindsay discuss the latest with COVID in the U.S., whether or not dogs can smell COVID, OANN channel, the Dow surpassing 30,000, Solomon Islands banning Facebook, Dr. Moore receiving a religious liberty award, the return of college basketball, and the most popular side dishes in the U.S. Lindsay also gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including Stephen Grcevich with “5 ways churches can support members’ mental health during the holidays,” Jared Kennedy with “Why Advent is a time to build on family traditions: Recommended resources for preschoolers to adults,” and Brooke Kramer with “6 ways we can pray for our country during the pandemic.” Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Amy Ford for a conversation about life and ministry.
Amy Ford is the Co-Founder and President of Embrace Grace, a non-profit that inspires and equips the church to love on single and pregnant young women and their families. She is also the author of the upcoming book release, Help Her Be Brave: Discover Your Place in the Pro-Life Movement releasing January 2021 as well other books. Amy speaks nationally to a varied audience including women’s ministry events, pro-life and adoption conferences, church leadership equipping and pregnancy center benefits. Amy has been married for over 22 years to her high school sweetheart, Ryan, and has four children. You can connect with her on Twitter: @amymford
- Stephen Grcevich with 5 ways churches can support members’ mental health during the holidays
- Jared Kennedy with Why Advent is a time to build on family traditions: Recommended resources for preschoolers to adults
- The Characters of Christmas
- Brooke Kramer with 6 ways we can pray for our country during the pandemic
- Covid in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count
- Can dogs smell COVID? Here’s what the science says
- The flu vs. Covid
- YouTube suspends OANN channel for fake Covid news
- Biden transition names first Cabinet nominees
- The Dow just surpassed 30,000 for the first time ever
- Solomon Islands set to ban Facebook
- Secret meeting between Netanyahu and Saudi crown prince?
- SBC DIGEST: Search for SBTC executive director; Moore receives religious liberty award
- RFI Announces Russell Moore as Its 2020 Defender of Religious Freedom Award Recipient
- College basketball is back
- Alabama’s Nick Saban tests positive for Covid-19 and is displaying symptoms
- The United States of side dishes
- Lindsay: CSB Day-by-Day Chronological Bible
- Josh: Sameness and Distinction: Rethinking Assumptions about God’s Design of Men and Women by Jenn Kintner & Josh Wester
- Brent: The disturbing appeal of Qanon
Connect with us on Twitter
- End of Year Giving: If you’ve benefited from the content shared on this podcast, would you please consider making a year-end donation? Any individual donations we receive, apart from the Cooperative Program, goes to placing ultrasound machines in pro-life pregnancy centers, advocating for religious liberty, and human dignity here at home and across the globe.
- The Christmas We Didn’t Expect by David Matthis. 25 daily reflections for Advent will help you to adore Jesus—the one who came to save us and make our futures certain.