GRAPEVINE, Texas, Sept. 4, 2018—Join top Christians teachers and leaders who will discuss the power of family in our lives and the centrality of the gospel message at the 2018 National Conference on “The Cross-Shaped Family,” an event next month hosted by The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention.
“There are few issues that reach right to the core of our lives like the issue of family,” said Russell Moore, president of the ERLC. “My hope is that this event will equip the Christians and churches to better understand how the cross informs what it means for us to be a family, and how our lives in our families are meant to drive us back to the cross.”
The fifth annual ERLC National Conference will be held, Oct. 11-13 at The Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center in Grapevine, Texas. Registration is available online and a special offer for mediainterested in attending the conference is available by contacting Elizabeth Bristow at [email protected].
The theme for this year’s conference was inspired by Moore’s latest book, “The Storm-Tossed Family: How the Cross Reshapes the Home,” from B&H Publishing Group, to be released mid-September.
“We can be free to be family when we see how God designed families but also how these families point beyond our individual stories to the ultimate story of our lives—the gospel,” Moore said.
Whether single, married or in the trenches of parenthood, attendees will be challenged by speakers to see how the gospel is the central focus of the family.
2018 National Conference speakers include:
- Russell Moore, President, ERLC
- Danny Akin, President, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Beth Moore, Author, Bible Teacher, Founder of Living Proof Ministries
- Sam Allberry, Pastor, St. Mary's Church, Maidenhead, UK; Author of “Is God Anti-Gay”
- Matt Chandler, Lead Pastor, The Village Church; President, Acts 29 Network
- Jamie Ivey, Author, Speaker, Podcaster of The Happy Hour
- Todd Wagner, Senior Pastor, Watermark Church
- Jen Wilkin, Author and Speaker
- Ray Ortlund, Lead Pastor, Immanuel Nashville
More conference details and speaker information can be found online.
Follow the conversation on Twitter by following @ERLC, @dmoore and #ERLC2018.