WASHINGTON, D.C, Nov. 10, 2017—The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission and Focus on the Family are partnering together for the third annual Evangelicals for Life conference, focusing on pro-life issues Jan. 18-20, 2018, in Washington, D.C.
Pro-life advocates recently focused their attention on the possible elimination of the adoption tax credit. The U.S. Senate moved to restore the adoption tax credit in their tax reform bill, Nov. 9, marking a victory for the pro-life movement.
ERLC President, Russell Moore, applauded the Senate’s decision by calling it a “good decision for vulnerable children and families.”
Moore and Cardinal Timothy Dolan published an op-ed in USA Today, Nov. 8, calling for the U.S. Congress to support the passage of the Conscience Protection Act that would clarify current federal law and provide for a ‘private right of action’ allowing people their day in court if their conscience rights have been violated.
A special offer for national media interested in attending the Evangelicals for Life conference is available by contacting Elizabeth Bristow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EFL 2018 speakers will include:
- Russell Moore, President, The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission
- Jim Daly, President, Focus on the Family
- Joni Eareckson Tada, Founder & CEO, Joni and Friends International Disability Center
- Rich Stearns, President, World Vision U.S.
- Shannon Royce, Director of Center for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships, Health and Human Services
- Charlie Camosy, Associate Professor of Theological and Social Ethics, Fordham University
- Ann Voskamp, Author, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
- Kathryn Jean Lopez, Editor-At-Large, National Review Online
- Roland Warren, President & CEO, Care Net
Speakers will give keynote addresses, participate in panel discussions and breakout sessions on issues such as abortion, adoption, human trafficking, elderly care, the refugee crisis, euthanasia and disabilities. Attendees will also participate in the March for Life, the largest pro-life rally in the world on Jan. 19.
A complete list of EFL speakers and bios can be found online.