NASHVILLE, Tenn., July 19, 2017—The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention will host its 2017 National Conference, “Parenting: Christ-Centered Parenting in a Complex World,” August 24-26 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tenn.
This fourth annual conference will equip attendees on how to apply the gospel to many aspects of parenting in today’s shifting culture.
Conference speakers will offer content through plenaries, short talks, panel discussions and breakout sessions on a variety of aspects of gospel parenting, including:
- Raising countercultural children
- Shaping children's hearts with Scripture
- Addressing the problem of pornography
- Navigating technology and media
- Discussing the birds and the bees
- Championing adoption and foster care
- Making wise decisions on issues like sports and school
- Russell Moore, President, ERLC
- Jim Daly, President, Focus on the Family
- Sally Lloyd-Jones, Author, The Jesus Storybook Bible
- Todd Wagner, Senior Pastor, Watermark Church
- Jen Wilkin, Author and Speaker
- Crawford Loritts, Senior Pastor, Fellowship Bible Church
- Nancy Guthrie, Author and Speaker
Commenting on the National Conference, Moore said:
“It takes more than a village to raise children; it takes the church of Jesus Christ. There is nothing that we as an organization get asked about more frequently than issues related to parenting. That’s why I am thrilled about this year’s National Conference and our talented lineup of speakers. My goal is that this event would equip families to be cross-shaped, kingdom-oriented and empower parents to raise their children in the gospel within the context of the local church.”
Previous topics addressed at ERLC National Conferences include cultural engagement, politics, homosexuality and marriage.
Registration is now open and more conference details and speaker information can be found online.
Follow the conversation on Twitter by following @ERLC, @dmoore and #ERLC2017.