WASHINGTON, D.C., Feb. 6, 2018—Russell Moore, president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, is scheduled to speak at a press conference sponsored by World Relief, Feb. 7 with members of Congress and other prominent leaders to discuss recent efforts of Congress to pass a DACA solution.
The press conference will be held at the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Room 430 from 11:30 AM-12:30 PM EST.
In addition to Moore, other speakers will include:
- Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.)
- Sen. Angus King (I-Maine)
- Scott Arbeiter, President, World Relief
- Galen Carey, Vice President of Government Relations, National Association of Evangelicals (NAE)
- Shirley Hoogstra, President, Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU)
- Jesse Rincones, Executive Director, Hispanic Baptist Convention of Texas, Board Member, National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference (NHCLC)
- Eric Costanzo, Senior Pastor, South Tulsa Baptist Church, Tulsa, Okla.
- Ruth Velasquez, Co-founder, Voices of Christian Dreamers, Wheaton, Ill.
Working members of the media are welcomed to the press conference and can request credentials online. Media representatives are advised to arrive no later than 11:20 AM EST for a prompt starting time of 11:30 AM EST.