In this episode, Josh, Lindsay, and Brent discuss the latest on the Rock Hill shooting, the White House’s new gun control measures, the new UK COVID-19 strain, Brazil’s COVID death toll, violence in Northern Ireland, and the results of the NCAA championship. Lindsay gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including Alex Ward with “How can we understand trends of declining church membership? America, Christianity, and the local church,” and Jordan Wootten with “How can Christians resist the ethic of outrage culture?,” and Jared Kennedy with “Are you “working on” your kids ministry? Thinking through Process-Centered Methods for Children’s Discipleship.” Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Dr. Todd Gray for a conversation about life and ministry.
About Dr. Gray
Dr. Todd Gray has been Executive Director-Treasurer for the Kentucky Baptist Convention since August of 2019. Todd served churches in Kentucky and Indiana for 20 years before joining the KBC staff in 2012 as a regional consultant for western Kentucky. Since 2016 he’s served as the team leader for the Evangelism, Church Planting and Campus Ministry team. Gray holds degrees from Murray State University and The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He and his wife, Connie, have two adult daughters. You can connect with him on Twitter: @toddgray4.
- Alex Ward with How can we understand trends of declining church membership? America, Christianity, and the local church
- Jordan Wootten with How can Christians resist the ethic of outrage culture?
- Jared Kennedy with Are you “working on” your kids ministry? Thinking through Process-Centered Methods for Children’s Discipleship
- Latest on Rock Hill shooting
- WH expected to announce gun control measures
- UK variant is now the dominant coronavirus strain in the US
- 1 in 3 Covid-19 patients are diagnosed with a neuropsychiatric condition
- Brazil’s daily COVID death toll tops 4,000 for first time
- No lockdown for Brazil amidst Covid outbreak
- Bus torched in more Northern Ireland violence as British and Irish leaders call for calm
- NCAA Championship 2021 score: Baylor routs Gonzaga as Bears win first national title, end Zags’ perfect season
- Josh: ERLC Academy
- Brent: Where billions of cicadas will emerge this spring
Connect with us on Twitter
- Every person has dignity and potential. But did you know that nearly 1 in 3 American adults has a criminal record? On Sunday April 11th , we invite you to join Prison Fellowship for a special service focusing on the power of second chances. To learn more and sign up for the virtual Second Chance Sunday service visit prisonfellowship.org/secondchances.
- Stand for Life: At the ERLC, we stand for life. Our work to save preborn babies and care for the vulnerable is vital to our work. Believing that abortion can end in our lifetime, will you join us as we STAND FOR LIFE?