The much anticipated 2020 Iowa Democratic Caucus became an unmitigated electoral mess as the first in the nation contest remained unresolved a day before the New Hampshire primary. Brent Leatherwood joins Jeff Pickering and Steven Harris to talk about what happened, what’s next, and how Christians can be salt and light in a polarized partisan season.
Brent Leatherwood serves as the Director of Strategic Partnerships. Before coming to the ERLC, he served as the executive director of the Tennessee Republican Party from December 2012 to December 2016, where he managed the organization’s campaign apparatus at the federal, state and local levels. In addition, Brent has worked on Capitol Hill as a senior legislative aide to former Rep. Connie Mack (R-Fla). He and his wife Meredith have three children and are members of The Church at Avenue South, where Brent serves as a deacon.
Resources from the Conversation
- Brent’s Recommendations on journalists to follow
- Brent’s Recommendations on newsletters to subscribe
- POLITICO | ‘It’s a total meltdown’: Confusion grips Iowa with no official results in sight
- New York Times | ‘A Systemwide Disaster’: How the Iowa Caucuses Melted Down
- ERLC | Capitol Conversation Podcast