In this episode, Josh, Lindsay, and Brent discuss Hurricane Laura, Jacob Blake, the Republican National Convention, Liberty University, and COVID-19. Lindsay also gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including a piece by Jason Thacker with “How pornography is preying on the vulnerable in the midst of COVID-19,” Alex Ward with “Explainer: Report of the Human Fetal Tissue Research Ethics Advisory Board,” and Josh Wester with “4 Lessons from Carl F.H. Henry’s The Uneasy Conscience of Modern Fundamentalism.” Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Meredith Leatherwood for a conversation about life and ministry.
Meredith Leatherwood is the Founder of Leatherwood Promotions, a business that promotes Christian records and singles in the music industry. She has been working in the music industry for nearly two decades as a record promoter. She holds a Masters in Theology from Liberty University. She and Brent have been married for eight years and they’re busy raising three children in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Jason Thacker with How pornography is preying on the vulnerable in the midst of COVID-19
- Alex Ward with Explainer: Report of the Human Fetal Tissue Research Ethics Advisory Board
- Josh Wester with 4 lessons from Carl F. H. Henry’s The Uneasy Conscience of Modern Fundamentalism
- A massive hurricane, named Laura, made landfall early Thursday morning off the coasts of Louisiana and Texas
- 2 killed during Jacob Blake protests in Kenosha
- Justic Dept. to open investigation on Kenosha shooting
- 17-year-old charged with homicide after shooting during Kenosha protests, authorities say
- Republican National Convention took place
- Falwell resigns as president of Liberty
- Coronavirus cases fell by 15% this week
- Lindsay: BNA Carpet
- Josh: The West Wing’ cast will reunite to benefit When We All Vote
- Brent: Starbucks brings back pumpkin spice latte earlier than ever