In this episode, Brent and Lindsay discuss the Coach Kennedy religious liberty case, Madeleine Albright’s funeral, and the economy. They also talk about Elon Musk’s purchase of Twitter, the U.S. and the end of the pandemic phase of COVID-19, and Oklahoma’s ban on abortion after 6 weeks.
- Chelsea Sobolik with Explainer: What you should know about religious liberty and the Coach Kennedy case
- Hannah Daniel with USCIRF releases 2022 annual report on international religious freedom
- Carissa Early with When home isn’t safe: A review of “When Home Hurts: A Guide for Responding Wisely to Domestic Abuse in Your Church”
- Biden, Obama, Clintons speak at funeral for Madeleine Albright, 1st female secretary of state | Richard Land with What Secretary Albright modeled for us: The calling of our time to become peacemakers
- Economy shrinks
- Elon Musk buys Twitter, says it should be neutral | Axios follow-up
- Fauci says U.S. is transitioning out of ‘pandemic phase’
- Oklahoma passed Texas-style 6-week ban | BP rundown on states enacting pro-life laws
Connect with us on Twitter
- Dobbs Resource Page Prayer Guide | Right now, the Supreme Court is considering a major Mississippi abortion case called Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. The ERLC and other pro-life organizations filed an amicus brief in this case urging the Supreme Court to overturn the disatrous Roe v. Wade decision. Members of our team also joined pro-life advocates on the steps of the Supreme Court when oral arguments were heard last December. As we approach the Supreme Court’s final decision in June of this year, it’s important for Christians to pray for this landmark case and begin preparing our churches to serve vulnerable women and children in a potential post-Roe world. Download our free prayer guide at ERLC.com/Dobbs.
- Dobbs Resource Page | Many Christians are aware that an important case about abortion is being decided at the Supreme Court this June. But for many, this case is confusing and wrapped in a lot of legal jargon. The ERLC wants to help with that, so we’ve created a resource page that will help you and your church understand what this case means, what could happen if Roe v. Wade is overturned, and how your church can prepare to serve vulnerable women and children in the aftermath. To learn more about the Dobbs case and how you can pray, visit ERLC.com/Dobbs.