Jeff, Chelsea, and Travis discuss three big international stories for Christians to consider. They cover an update on the Chinese Uyghur genocide, how Christians are often left out of Middle East peace accords, and what we can learn about the fragility of democracy from the coup in Myanmar.
This episode was sponsored by The Good Book Company, publisher of Being the Bad Guy by Stephen McAlpine.
Resources from the Conversation
- Chelsea’s story: ‘Their goal is to destroy everyone’: Uighur camp detainees allege systematic rape / Genocide
- Go deeper with this article: U.S. announces genocide determination for the ongoing attrocities committed against Uyghurs by Chelsea Patterson Sobolik
- Travis’ story: Abraham’s Missing Child: Christians
- Go deeper with this ERLC podcast episode: Matti Friedman on the Middle East after the Abraham Accords
- Jeff’s story: Myanmar coup: What is happening and why?
- International religious liberty: The ERLC’s work in Geneva by Jeff Pickering
- Genocide: The power of words and the obligation to “do something” by Travis Wussow
- ERLC led letter urging the State Department to designate Rohingya persecution as genocide
- Join ERLC as we STAND FOR LIFE at ERLC.com/STANDFORLIFE
- Visit The Good Book Company to check out Being the Bad Guy by Stephen McAlpine
- Subscribe to ERLC’s Policy Newsletter