In this episode, Brent and Lindsay discuss the Braves World Series win, Younkin’s win in Virginia, and remembering the SBC’s Orphan and Widow Sunday. They also discuss Ethiopia’s state of emergency, lessons from election night, and churches responding in light of SB8 (Texas heartbeat bill).
- Amy Richards with How widows and widowers can thrive during the holidays
- Katie Fruge with How will local churches respond in light of SB8? A call for the church to lovingly prepare for a post-Roe world
- Sarah Beth Fentress with 10 lessons I’ve learned in leading a nonprofit to serve orphans, widows, and vulnerable communities
- The Braves win the World Series!
- Youngkin wins Virginia; Youngkin’s platform
- McAuliffe’s debate mistake
- New Jersey Gov. Murphy prevails
- Lesson from election night
- QAnon believers gather while hoping for JFK Jr.’s resurrection
- Ethiopia’s state of emergency; ERLC Explainer
- Lindsay: Adele’s new music
- 7 Reasons Why This Doctor Mom’s Kids Will Be First in Line for the COVID Vaccine
- Brent: City Alight music
Connect with us on Twitter
- The Dawn of Redeeming Grace // This episode was sponsored by The Good Book Company, publisher of The Dawn of Redeeming Grace.Join Sinclair Ferguson as he opens up the first two chapters of Matthew’s Gospel in these daily devotions for Advent. Each day’s reflection is full of insight and application, and will help you to arrive at Christmas Day awed by God’s redeeming grace and refreshed by the hope of God’s promised king.Find out more about this book at thegoodbook.com.
- Outrageous Justice // God calls us to seek justice. But how should Christians respond?Outrageous Justice, a free small-group study from experts at Prison Fellowship, offers Christians a place to start. Explore the criminal justice system through a biblical lens and discover hands-on ways to pursue justice, hope, and restoration in your community. Get your free copy of Outrageous Justice, featuring a study guide, videos, and a companion book today! Visit prisonfellowship.org/outrageous-justice.