The Center for Medical Progress (CMP) has released the eighth video in an investigative series on Planned Parenthood’s selling of aborted fetal tissue to StemExpress. StemExpress is a for-profit biotech supply company that has been partnered with Planned Parenthood clinics across the country to purchase human fetal parts since its founding in 2010.
In this latest video, Cate Dyer, the CEO of StemExpress, admits the company gets “a lot” of intact fetuses, suggesting “another 50 livers a week” would not be enough, and agreeing abortion clinics should profit from the sale. Actors posing as representatives from another human biologics company talk to Dyer and her team about a potential partnership to supply extra fetal body parts to each other.
“What about intact specimens?” asks one of the actors. “Oh yeah, I mean if you have intact cases, which we’ve done a lot, we sometimes ship those back to our lab in its entirety,” replies Dyer. “Case” is the clinical term for an abortion procedure. An “intact case” refers to an intact abortion with a whole fetus. “The entire case?” asks an actor. “Yeah, yeah,” says Dyer. “The procurement for us, I mean it can go really sideways, depending on the facility, and then our samples are destroyed,” she explains past botched fetal dissections, “so we started bringing them back even to manage it from a procurement expert standpoint.”
“What I hope happens out of [these videos],” says ERLC president Russell Moore, “is not just that we act in public justice and defund Planned Parenthood but also that we start to shape and form consciences to do away with the violence of abortion.”
Other videos in CMP's investigative series:
• Planned Parenthood Uses Partial-Birth Abortions to Sell Baby Parts (July 14, 2015)
• Human Capital, Episode 2: Inside the Planned Parenthood Supply Site (August 12, 2015)
Recent ERLC articles on abortion and Planned Parenthood:
• Planned Parenthood and the Atrocity of Corpse-Selling – Russell Moore
• Planned Parenthood at the Cross – Russell Moore
• Planned Parenthood Vs. Jesus Christ – Russell Moore
• #DefundPP: From Hashtags to Healing – Daniel Darling
• Outraged at Planned Parenthood? Here are 6 Things You Can Do Now – Daniel Darling
• 10 Numbers You Should Know About Planned Parenthood – Joe Carter
• The sale of fetal body parts: gruesome—and shockingly legal – Joe Carter
• How to contact your legislators about Planned Parenthood – Justin Taylor
ERLC and Focus on the Family are hosting the first ever Evangelicals for Life event next year in Washington DC on January 21-22nd, featuring Russell Moore, Roland Warren, David Platt, Eric Metaxas, Kelly Rosati, Ron Sider and others.