How should we think about the ethics of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine? Russell Moore joins Jeff Pickering, Chelsea Patterson Sobolik, and Travis Wussow to explain why it is ethical to take this shot. And specifically for pro-life Christians, taking the vaccines will help preserve life and end the pandemic suffering.
The round table also reflects on the one year anniversary of the pandemic and what it all means for the church going forward.
Resources from the Conversation
- Read Dr. Moore’s ethics article: Is the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Unethical?
- Read Dr. Moore’s Washington Post op-ed co-authored with Walter Kim, president of the National Association of Evangelicals: Not the mark of the beast: Evangelicals should fight conspiracy theories and welcome the vaccines
- Listen to the episode Jeff referenced: NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins on the COVID-19 vaccines
- Listen to the episode Chelsea referenced on institutions: Yuval Levin on the fractures in American public life and the path to renewal
- Subscribe to ERLC’s Policy Newsletter