On Thursday, June 20, the Supreme Court decided the fate of the Bladensburg Peace Cross, a memorial to the fallen of World War 1 in Maryland. The memorial stands thanks to a 7-2 decision by the justices yet the opinion of the court was fractured. Jeff, Travis, Steven, and Chelsea circle up on the afternoon the opinion came down for this special episode to discuss the case, the opinion, dissent, and what it all means for the future of Establishment Clause.
Resources from the Conversation
- SCOTUS | Opinion & ERLC Amicus Brief & SCOTUSblog case page
- ERLC press release | ERLC President Russell Moore Commends Supreme Court's Decision to Uphold Bladensburg Cross Memorial
- ERLC article | Top quotes from the Bladensburg Cross Supreme Court win
- Capitol Conversations episode | Inside the Supreme Court for the Bladensburg cross case
- ERLC article | What’s at the Heart of the Bladensburg Cross Supreme Court Case
- Runner’s World article | Running of the Interns at the Supreme Court