In this episode, Josh, Lindsay, and Brent talk about life in isolation, the Olympics being postponed, the latest in the Democratic primary, and how much most of us are missing baseball. Lindsay also gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including a piece from Brad Hambrick on talking to your kids about COVID-19, Brandt and Jill Waggoner on loving your neighbor during social distancing, Daryl Crouch on local churches stepping up during a crisis, and the Russell Moore’s content on religious liberty and love of neighbor. Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Charles Smith for a conversation about life and ministry.
Charles Smith is assistant professor of leadership and vice president for institutional relations at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and Spurgeon College in Kansas City, Mo. You can follow him on Twitter: @Charleswsmithjr
- Brad Hambrick with 4 principles to remember when talking to your children about coronavirus
- conversation, not a monologue; answer child’s questions, not your priorities; grapevine effect; remember body language.
- Brandt and Jill Waggoner with 7 ways to love our neighbors while socially distanced
- Blood banks; food for school children; check on neighbors
- Daryl Crouch with 3 ways the local church is ready for challenging times
- Just as hospitals are built to treat sick people and schools are built to educate uneducated people, churches exist to give hope and help to people who need hope and help.
- Russell Moore with God Doesn’t Want Us to Sacrifice the Old and Does it violate religious liberty to close churches over coronavirus?
- Biden operating from home; Bernie still wants to debate
- Cuomo becoming a media star for a nation stuck at home
- Yuval Levin: A Hard Pause, Soft Start
- Companies are hiring
- $2 trillion COVID-19 rescue package passes the Senate unanimously.
- SBC cancelled for first time in 75 years.
- Lousiana Baptists stepping up big time in fight against virus.
- Olympics postponed to 2021
- Satellite images of cities before and after
- Drive up worship services are a thing
- Lindsay: A group of Nashville studio singers perform an epic cell phone choir
- Josh: 3 fun things from the internet
- Enneagram 8 meme
- Brent: Dr. Robert George plays the banjo
- Q: An interacial couple is getting married in our church? Some members have threatened to leave if this happens. What should we do?
Connect with us on Twitter
- Where is God in a Coronavirus World? by John Lennox (The Good Book Company)
- The Weekly – ERLC’s rundown of news and culture delivered to your inbox every Friday