In this episode, Josh, Lindsay, and Brent discuss the weather around the world (floods in Michigan, tropical storms in the Atlantic, and a cyclone near India and Bangladesh), falling U.S. birth rates, LifeWay cancelling summer camps, Chuck E. Cheese pizza, and minor league baseball. Lindsay also gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including a piece from Aaron Mercer with "A warning about rising anti-Semitism," Grace Liu with "How should college students engage with their families during this season of staying at home", and Hanna Welch on how suffering is "Never for Nothing." Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Charles Clark for a conversation about life and ministry.
Charles Clark was elected vice president of mobilization in January 2020. Clark most recently served with IMB as affinity group leader for the Americas. Clark has more than 15 years of experience with IMB. Growing up as a missionary kid in the Americas, Clark began his career with IMB as a church planter in 2004 after working more than 30 years in the corporate industry in progressive leadership roles. Clark completed his corporate career as vice president of e-Business with Occidental Chemical Corporation and vice president of global solutions with HAHT Commerce. He and his wife, Karen, have three grown children and nine grandchildren Twitter: @CharlesDClark1
- Aaron Mercer with A warning about rising anti-Semitism
- Grace Liu with How should college students engage with their families during this season of staying at home?
- Hanna Welch with Suffering is Never for Nothing: Heeding words of wisdom from Elisabeth Elliot
- Catastrophic flooding in Michigan as dams fail
- Tropical Storm Arthur, the season's first named storm brought wind and rain and the threat of rip currents, and high surf to the Southeast Coast
- All 50 states now reopening
- U.S. Birthrates fall to historic low
- Ravi Zacharias passed away this week
- More than 80 killed in India and Bangladesh as Cyclone Amphan heaps misery on coronavirus-hit areas
- China's Xi announces $2B for coronavirus response as WHO faces calls for investigation
- Trump halts funding for the World Health Organization
- Japan suicides decline as Covid-19 lockdown causes shift in stress factors
- LifeWay cancels summer camp sessions for 2020 amid ongoing COVID-19 concerns
- Moderna reports positive data on early-stage coronavirus vaccine trial, shares surge
- March 16th: The day coronavirus nearly broke US markets
- A 10-year-old girl has sent more than 1,500 art kits to kids in foster care and homeless shelters during the coronavirus pandemic
- Chuck E. Cheese changes name to ‘Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings’ on delivery app
- Minor League Baseball In a Major Crisis
- Lindsay: Jonas Melber, Gentle and Lowly: The Heart of Christ for Sinners and Sufferers
- Josh: Randy Johnson meme
- Brent: Drive-Ins are making a comeback!
- Q: Our ministry team at church is trying to think through issues related to ministry and transgenderism. What advice or resources do you recommend?
Connect with us on Twitter
- Talking Points: Abortion by Dr Lizzie Ling and Vaughan Roberts (The Good Book Company)
- ERLC Highlights – subscribe for curated content from the ERLC’s editors delivered straight to your inbox