In this episode, Josh, Lindsay, and Brent talk about the extension of social distancing, staggering unemployment numbers, the rise of Zoom bombing, and the brothers who won’t stop making America laugh. Lindsay also gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including a piece from Scott James on praying for medical providers, Lieryn Barnett on caring for your mental health, Aaron Mercer on international religious freedom, and Russell Moore on how churches should think through pursuing SBA-backed loans available through the CARES Act. Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Jen Wilkin for a conversation about life and ministry.
Jen Wilkin is a wife, a mother of four, and an advocate for women to love God with their minds through the faithful study of his Word. She writes, speaks, and teaches women the Bible. Jen is the author of multiple books including None Like Him, Women of the Word, and In His Image. She and her family are based at The Village Church in Flower Mound, Texas. You can follow her on Twitter: @jenniferwilkin
- Scott James with Six ways you can pray for medical providers
- Lieryn Barnett on 3 suggestions for keeping your mental health in check during COVID-19
- Aaron Mercer with Are U.S.-India relations good for religious freedom?
- Russell Moore with Do SBA-backed loans violate the separation of church and state?
- 6.5 million people file for unemployment. Nearly ten million have filed in the last two weeks
- Social distancing extended until April 30th
- Joe Diffie passes away from Covid-19 + Ellis Marsalis at 85
- The DNC delayed until August
- Are abortions essential during coronavirus?
- Zoom announces steps for call security
- Southern Baptists donate masks, supplies
- State Conventions gather to pray virtually
- Facebook gives $100 million for local reporting
- The rescheduled Tokyo 2020 Olympics are set to open on July 23, 2021
- Dolly Parton, the Queen of Tennessee, giving a million dollars to Vanderbilt medical center
- The Cuomo brothers make America laugh
- Lindsay: The Mandalorian (Disney+)
- Josh: The Beginner's Gospel Story Bible by Jared Kennedy
- Brent: John Krazinski crowdsources good news on instagram
- Q: I’ve heard about the loans available to churches through the CARES Act. Is this something you recommend? And how can I learn more?
Connect with us on Twitter
- Where is God in a Coronavirus World? by John Lennox (The Good Book Company)
- The Weekly – ERLC’s rundown of news and culture delivered to your inbox every Friday