Happy Valentine’s Day! In this episode, Josh, Lindsay, and Brent talk about the Oscars, the rebirth of the XFL, the latest on the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and the status of the 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary. Lindsay also gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content including an article from Prison Fellowship’s Heather Rice-Minus on Christians and criminal justice reform, another Super Bowl ad, and a resource from Brad Hambrick from the Summit Church on seeing a counselor. Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Trillia Newbell for a brief conversation about life and ministry.
Trillia Newbell serves as the Director of Community Outreach for the ERLC. She is the author of numerous books, including Sacred Endurance: Finding Grace and Strength for a Lasting Faith (2019). Her writings on issues of faith, family, and diversity have been published in the Knoxville News-Sentinel, Desiring God, True Woman, Christianity Today, The Gospel Coalition, and more. Her greatest love besides God is her family. She is married to her best friend and love, Thern. They reside with their two children near Nashville, Tennessee. You can follow her on Twitter: @trillianewbell
- What Christians think—and what the Bible says—about criminal justice reform by Heather Rice-Minus
- What a Google commercial teaches us about the purpose of technology by Jason Thacker
- “The goal and purpose of all technological innovation is to serve us as we serve the Creator of the universe.”
- Pre-order Jason’s book: The Age of AI: Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Humanity
- What the coronavirus reveals about the deeper disease of China’s government by Drew Griffin
- What would you say to the Christian who feels ashamed to seek counseling? By Brad Hambrick (video)
- Coronavirus deaths surpass SARS deaths; infections spiked on Thursday (CNN)
- The Irish election – a stunning three-way tie (NYT)
- Oscars – Parasite cleaned updid what Joaquin Phoenix does (CNN/Today)
- CP Giving is upBP)
- The XFL opened (The Ringer)
- New Hampshire final results (WGBH)
- The upcoming Nevada debate on Feb 19 (NYT)
- Brent: Real Clear Politics
- Lindsay: The Nuclear Family Was a Mistake
- The family structure we’ve held up as the cultural ideal for the past half century has been a catastrophe for many. It’s time to figure out better ways to live together.
- Josh: Influencers in the Wild; The Internal Monologue
Connect with us on Twitter
This episode was sponsored by The Good Book Company, publisher of Jesus and the Very Big Surprise, a new children’s storybook by well-known singer and TV presenter Randall Goodgame. You can find out more here.