NASHVILLE, Tenn., Jan. 29, 2020—The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention announced members of its 2020 Leadership Council today.
This year’s Leadership Council is comprised of 84 Southern Baptist pastors, ministry leaders and church members across the country. The mission of the Leadership Council is to receive targeted investment from the ERLC to equip members to help their churches and ministries apply the gospel to everyday life.
The ERLC Leadership Council launched in 2014 and has included a wide-ranging group of leaders from diverse backgrounds and ministry settings.
ERLC President Russell Moore, commented on the announcement of the 2020 Leadership Council.
“One of the most important things we do here at the ERLC is working with this group of leaders throughout the year. The wisdom and passion they bring to service in our churches is always such an encouragement. This year’s new members are no different, and I look forward to working with them to equip the church with the truths of the gospel for the cultural issues of our day.”
Members of the 2020 Leadership Council include:
- Marshal Ausberry, Senior Pastor, Antioch Baptist Church, Fairfax Station, Va.
- Matt Boswell, Pastor and Hymnwriter, The Trails Church, Prosper, Texas
- Noe Garcia, Pastor, North Phoenix Baptist Church, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Christine Hoover, Author, Speaker, Founder of Grace Covers Me Blog, Charlottesville, Va.
- Vance Pitman, Senior Pastor, Hope Church, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Jimmy Scroggins, Lead Pastor, Family Church, West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Afshin Ziafat, Lead Pastor, Providence Church, Frisco, Texas
- Lauren Ashford, Author, Christian Counselor, Raleigh, N.C.
- Jared Wellman, Lead Pastor, Tate Springs Baptist Church, Arlington, Texas
In response to being selected for the 2020 ERLC Leadership Council, Noe Garcia said, “This council has developed my leadership in regards to cultural issues in ways I never imagined. Being able to learn from and ask questions of Dr. Moore about how to biblically navigate our current cultural matters has been priceless. I am so thankful for his leadership and willingness to invest!”
Members of the Council will serve an annual term and will be equipped by the ERLC throughout the year through conference calls and events, while providing input to the ERLC and occasional content for erlc.com.
To learn more about the ERLC Leadership Council visit erlc.com/about/leadership-council.