NASHVILLE, Tenn., May 18, 2022—The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, will host an event on “The Mississippi Abortion Case and the Future of the Pro-Life Movement,”during the annual SBC meeting in Anaheim, Ca., Monday, June 13 at 9:30 p.m. PST in the Grand Ballroom E-K at the Anaheim Marriott.
The event will feature a keynote address on human dignity, a panel discussion on the Dobbs case with a diverse group of pro-life leaders and a time of prayer and lament. Questions to be addressed include:
- What is the Dobbs case about and why is it significant to the pro-life movement?
- How should Christians be preparing in their states for a post-Roe world?
- How can churches serve vulnerable women and children?
- What are some child welfare policies that state leaders can be thinking about working on, on a state-level?
- How can Christians serve if they don’t feel called to adopt or foster?
Event speakers include:
- Kevin Smith, Campus Pastor, Family Church Village
- Denise Harle, Senior Counsel, Center for Life, Alliance Defending Freedom
- Dean Nelson, Vice President of Government Relations, Human Coalition
- Herbie Newell, President, Lifeline Children’s Services
- Elizabeth Graham, Vice President of Life Initiatives, ERLC
Media interested in attending this event should email Elizabeth Bristow at [email protected] for credentials