WASHINGTON, D.C., April 13, 2022—The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, will host a special online event, Tuesday, April 19 at 1:30 p.m. EST, on the topic of how Christians can serve refugees, particularly in light of the global refugee crisis.
Event panelists include:
- Bryant Wright, President, Send Relief
- Matthew Sorens, U.S. Director of Church Mobilization for World Relief and the National Coordinator for the Evangelical Immigration Table
- Bri Stensrud, Director, Women of Welcome
- Brent Leatherwood, Acting President, ERLC
During the event, panelists will address questions and topics such as:
- Why Christians should care about refugees and migrants;
- The refugee resettlement process, both in the U.S. and around the world;
- Policies that Congress and the Administration can work on to strengthen the refugee resettlement process;
- Misconceptions Christians might have about refugees;
- Practical ways Christians can serve refugees in their local communities.