Communist China’s stand against freedom is becoming increasingly aggressive with both the persecution of their own citizens and the forced changes in Hong Kong. Chelsea Patterson Sobolik and Travis Wussow welcome David Curry of Open Doors USA to the roundtable to discuss these recent developments and how it affects religious freedom in this part of the world.
This episode is sponsored by The Good Book Company, publisher of Beautifully Distinct: Conversations with Friends on Faith, Life, and Culture, edited by Trillia Newbell
David Curry is the CEO of Open Doors USA, which is a non-profit dedicated to providing support for persecuted Christians around the world. For over 60 years, Open Doors has worked in the world’s most oppressive regions, empowering and equipping persecuted Christians in more than 60 countries by providing Bibles, training, and programs to help strengthen the church. Since assuming the role of CEO in August 2013, Curry has traveled extensively to encourage those living under persecution and support the work of Open Doors. In addition, Curry is often present in Washington, D.C., advocating for religious freedom at the highest levels of our government. He has testified before the House Foreign Affairs Committee and met with a wide range of policymakers in Washington from both sides of the aisle, including at the White House, in the Senate and at the U.S. State Department.
Resources from the Conversation
- Connect with David Curry
- Learn more about Open Doors USA and their World Watch List
- China’s pandemic of religious persecution by David Curry
- Watch | David Curry interviews Pastor Huang from Wuhan, China
- Listen | SPECIAL EPISODE: Travis Wussow from Hong Kong
- Is Beijing dropping the hammer on Hong Kong? by Travis Wussow and Chelsea Patterson Sobolik
- What you need to know about the U.S. announcement that Hong Kong is no longer autonomous from China by Chelsea Patterson Sobolik
- ERLC | Capitol Conversation Podcast